gstreamer1.0 rtspsrc reset/restart/reuse

DarwinsBuddy christoph.spoerk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 15:45:12 PST 2013

Hello,

I'm relative new in developing with gstreamer and encountered a problem
regarding the element rtspsrc.

I have multiple rtspsrc elements, which should, one-by-one, be played in a
circular manner.

But I'm not able to do this, although I've tried nearly everything.

Following solution is the best I could find till yet:

I have a vector of rtspsrc elements stored in "sources"

After initializing all those elements and connecting them to both signals
"pad-added" and "pad-removed", I've done following:

The callbacks are defined as follows:

The demux element is the one where the data flow is going to be put in.

Please consider now the callback for the timeout, defined in the first
snippet:

The first transition from source[0] to source[1] succeeds, but the second
from source[1] to source[0] (there are only 2 rtspsrc elements) fails with
following output:

I assume, that I cannot use an rtspsrc with the state transitions
NULL->PLAYING->NULL->PLAYING.
But how can I accomplish it to "restart" the rtspsrc or to again start
playing after I removed it from and added it again to the pipeline (incl.
linking the pads again).

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Christoph