Creating rtsp server from pipeline not using gst-rtsp-server library

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Nov 7 23:47:49 PST 2013

On Do, 2013-11-07 at 05:25 -0800, yoyosuper8 wrote:
> Here is what I'm trying to do: I have an android app that as soon as it is
> launched, it launches a pipeline and the pipeline is
> gst_launch_parse("videotestsrc !
> video/x-raw,width=320,height=240,framerate=30/1 ! x264enc ! h264parse !
> amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder ! eglglessink name=videosink").
> so the user sees the pipeline content on a surfaceview in android, which is
> the videotestsrc.
>
> I'd like to add the capabilities of recording to a file and rtsp streaming
> by the push of a button. So if the user pushes on the "Record" button in the
> android app, then it immediately starts recording until you hit "Stop
> recording" button. Same idea applies to the rtsp server.
>
> I just thought that using one pipeline and linking and unlinking elements
> would be the way to go. For example, my thought was if I use tee I can link
> and unlink elements based on what the user has requested all in the same
> pipeline. Instead of launching multiple pipelines.
>
> What are your thoughts?

You could use gst-rtsp-server and pass data from the playback pipeline
to the server pipeline with the "inter" elements. Or you could implement
a custom GstRTSPMediaFactory that works with your pipeline and uses a
tee that is then used by the server.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com