alsasrc/input-selector combo broken in Gstreamer 1.2.0

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Nov 9 08:47:34 PST 2013

Hi Thomas,

On Fr, 2013-11-08 at 11:53 +0100, Thomas Roos wrote:
> I am using an input-selector element  to select one of two microphone
> inputs delivered as a stereo stream by alsasrc.
> This worked fine in Gstreamer 0.10.36, but seems to be broken in Gstreamer
> 1.2.0.
> After switching the sink of the input-selector, the pipeline produces
> silence for some time (running-time of pipeline ?)
> until finally the live data are to be heard again.
>
> The behaviour can be reproduced with the minimal program attached, which
> produces 5sec of silence after switching.
>
> Everything works as expected when alsasrc is replaced by a
> 2*testsrc/interleave combo.

can you file a bug about that at http://bugzilla.gnome.org against
GStreamer and include your sample code? That makes it easier to track
this problem, and there's nothing wrong in your code so it's a real bug.

I assume it fails the same way if you use audiotestsrc with
is-live=true?

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com