Error:The import com.gstreamer cannot be resolved

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Nov 9 08:54:54 PST 2013

On Fr, 2013-11-08 at 09:12 -0800, yxxone wrote:
> I downloaded a Gstreamer Android SDK from
> http://http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Installing+for+Android+development
> <http://http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Installing+for+Android+development>
> and I folow the step in this page to build the tutorial-1 with adt-bundle ,
> the error came. And I think there must be some jar library I should add to
> the project , but I don't know what it exactly is. I've searched the
> gstreamer-sdk-android with command "find . -name *.jar"  , it say there is
> no jar library in the folder . who can give me some suggestions, many
> thanks.

Did you run "android update project -p . -s --target android-9" or
something similar, followed by "ndk-build" (this will create the
com.gstreamer Java stuff) and only then ran "ant debug"?
If you did all that, can you provide the output of "ndk-build" and "ant
debug" so we can see what exactly goes wrong there?

Apart from that, if possible it would make more sense to use the
official binaries of the GStreamer project from
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.2.0/
Those use a newer version of GStreamer that is supported by the
community. You can find the tutorials source code for these binaries at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~slomo/gst-sdk-tutorials/

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com