trying to do server side time seek on h264 mpegts media...

Eric Trousset etrousset at awox.com
Tue Nov 12 06:22:00 PST 2013

Hi all,

As said in the title, I'm try to do et server side time seek on a mpegts media.
The initial seek is ok, eg I can start playing the media from anywhere using the correct http header, the pipeline et build et the media start playing ok. Thus, the query position, doesn't take account of the starting position. So this is one of my question, how do I tell the pipeline that it didn't start at position 0:00:00.000 but for example at 0:00:30.000?

Then, when I try to seek in the media, always using trickmodes, I can some time get the first image of the new position, but with a lot of artefacts. But then it freezes, and the ffmpegdec doesn't produce traces anymore.

It looks like the pipeline is still in playing state reporting an evolving position.

Anyone has a idea on how I can fix this?
I tried setting the buffer flag to DISCONT, changing offset and/or time stamps to some new values, with no results.

Regards,
Eric