gstreamer pipeline to playback as HTML5 backend

Dece Bel decebel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 21:13:58 PST 2013

Hello,

I am interested in having my gstreamer pipeline (with custom elements doing
text analysis for subtitles etc) be used as the backend for HTML5 based
video.

Meaning, if a browser with HTML5 capabilities is playing a streamed video,
how can I make HTML5 to use my gstreamer pipeline to playback the video.
Ofcourse it would mean, installing the pipeline on the machine to be used
for playback.

I could not find any good resource on how to do this.

Gracias
Dece