couldnt pass the GstBuffer to the srcpad.

Shi, John johnshi at tycoint.com
Fri Nov 15 02:27:39 PST 2013

We create a new Gstelement and basically it will process the video frame and pass it to another element.

Here is the code:

static GstFlowReturn IntelMediaDecodeChain(GstPad *pPad, GstBuffer *pBuffer)
{
    GstFlowReturn ret = GST_FLOW_OK;
    MediaDecode*decode_if = (MediaDecode*) (GST_OBJECT_PARENT(pPad));
    MediaDecodeImpl* pImpl = decode_if->pImpl;
    GstBuffer *outgoing_buffer = 0;
    bool bResult = pImpl->DecodeFunc(pBuffer, &outgoing_buffer);
    if( bResult == true )
    {
        gst_buffer_unref(pBuffer);
        assert(outgoing_buffer);
        gst_buffer_set_caps(outgoing_buffer, GST_PAD_CAPS(decode _if->srcpad));
        ret = gst_pad_push(decode _if->srcpad, outgoing_buffer );
        TRACE("gst_pad_push returning result:  " << ret);
    }
    return ret;
}

But when we call gst_pad_push function I get function return -5 error code. And here is the Debug information when GST_DEBUG=4

gstreamer: basertppayload gstbasertppayload.c:762:gst_basertppayload_prepare_push error: subclass did not specify clock-rate
gst_pad_push returning result:  result:  -5
0x89a310 : Element doesn't implement handling of this stream. Please file a bug.
gstreamer: basesrc gstbasesrc.c:2378:gst_base_src_loop error: Internal data flow error.
play_eos

Any idea of that
Tyco Safety Products/CEM Systems Ltd.

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.