How to get whole buffered size in the pipeline?

Justin Joy justin.joy.9to5 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 18:07:23 PST 2013

We've tried to accumulate all buffered bytes from each element in a pipeline.
As a result, total amount of bytes from accumulation was valid to use, but
the problem was that every elements have to implement this kind of query. It
make another burden.

After checking from my own implementation, I concluded this was not good way
and it was less accurate than I expected.

Rather than accumulation, I think we can implement buffered status from the
data, read position and content length.

Although we all know there is a query for current position, it is about
current position of playing status. So it is not fit to display buffered
position regardless playing position. I think it depends on the information
of push mode sources. And I'll attach this idea into bugzilla. :)