Problems Streaming Video using SDP File in Windows

Jon Lovewell jon at csoftware.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 08:22:33 PST 2013

Gents

I am trying to stream h264 encoded video over rtp using an SDP file in Windows (8.1) using V1.2.1 of gstreamer.

I have tried a number of different pipeline combinations:

1.       gst-launch-1.0 -v playbin uri=file:///D://stream.sdp - this reports that there is no decoder available for type 'application/sdp'.  I believe that this is due to the sdpdemux element having a rank of none?

2.       gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=D:\\stream.sdp ! sdpdemux ! decodebin ! autovideosink - no missing elements are reported but nothing is ever displayed.

3.       gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=5000 caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, payload=(int)96, clock-rate=(int)9000, encoding-name=(string)H264" ! rtpbin ! decodebin ! autovideosink - this reports that a H264 video rtp depayloader plugin is required to play this stream but not installed.  Not sure why this is as it has a rank of secondary.

Very grateful if anyone has any ideas on how to tackle this.

Thanks in advance

Jon