Having issues in displaying subtitles using Gstreamer pipeline

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Nov 26 01:26:07 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-11-25 at 16:15 -0800, Hari wrote:
> I was trying to compile and execute sample program for Subtitle management
> program for ARM compiler. I was able to observer the video output, But no
> subtitles are displayed.
>
> NOTE:
> I took reference program as
> "http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Playback+tutorial+2%3A+Subtitle+management"
>
> My Program :
> > [...]
>
> I cross compiled the program successfully but while executing there were no
> subtitles on video:
>
> Program OUTPUT:
> ----------------------------
> 1 video stream(s), 1 audio stream(s), 0 text stream(s)
>
> video stream 0:
>   codec: XVID MPEG-4
>
> audio stream 0:
>   codec: MPEG 1 Audio, Layer 3 (MP3)
>   bitrate: 127981
>

> Currently playing video stream 0, audio stream 0 and subtitle stream -1
> Type any number and hit ENTER to select a different subtitle stream
> Endpgd = bf044000
> [00008bac] *pgd=3f024031, *pte=3daab71f, *ppte=3daabc6e
>
> Pid: 888, comm:         gstsubtitles
> CPU: 0    Tainted: P            (2.6.34 #2)
> PC is at 0x2ad57b94
> LR is at 0x2ad73720
> pc : [<2ad57b94>]    lr : [<2ad73720>]    psr: 20000010
> sp : 7e75bbc0  ip : 2ad7370c  fp : 7e75bc04
> r10: 2ab57000  r9 : 00000000  r8 : 00000000
> r7 : 00000000  r6 : 00008bac  r5 : 00000000  r4 : 00008bac
> -Of-Stream reached.
> r3 : 00008bac  r2 : e3a0afff  r1 : ffffffff  r0 : e3a0b000
> Flags: nzCv  IRQs on  FIQs on  Mode USER_32  ISA ARM  Segment user
> Control: 10c53c7d  Table: 3f04404a  DAC: 00000015
> cnxt_pvr_per_process_resource_cleanup: Statistics: numpipes = 2, nApms = 1,
> nSu1
> cnxt_drv_db_cleanup for surface 93572064 failed with err 118!
> cnxt_drv_db_cleanup for surface 93572214 failed with err 118!
> 23090412:59:880 No advance codec: Close Main Audio Object
> cnxt_css_module_drv_cleanup: Statistics: numHcrypto = 0, numHesp = 0,
> cnxt_pvr_per_process_resource_cleanup: Statistics: numpipes = 0, nApms = 0,
> nSu0
> Segmentation fault
>

> Please do help me, with your inputs.

As this is crashing it would be good to get a backtrace of all threads
during the crash with gdb. Also install debug symbols for all of
GStreamer, GLib and libc at least.

Also you're using the old 0.10 version of GStreamer, please try again
with a recent 1.x version to see if the problem still exists. 0.10 is no
longer supported by the GStreamer project since almost 2 years.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com