What is the different between gstreamer-1.0-x86-1.2.1-merge-modules.zip and gstreamer-1.0-x86-1.2.1.msi?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Nov 26 01:55:25 PST 2013

On Di, 2013-11-26 at 01:51 -0800, Hunter wrote:
> Thank you very much.
>
> I got the tutorials from
> http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Installing+on+Windows.
>
> Is the provide by gstreamer official project?
>
> Is there any tutorials for how to get start on windows? I am familer with
> gstreamer linux version.

Those are not provided by the GStreamer project, but are still very good
tutorials. They apply almost 1:1 to the 1.x binaries, but there are some
API changes between 0.10 and 1.x.

You can find the code of the tutorials ported to 1.x here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~slomo/gst-sdk-tutorials/
The text on the website mostly applies still except for the environment
variables for Windows.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com