RELEASE: GStreamer VA-API Plugins 0.5.7

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Tue Nov 26 09:50:50 PST 2013

On 11/26/2013 06:44 PM, Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2013/11/26 Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org>:
>> is it working with 0.10 too?
>
> Yes, but 0.10 support is going to die by 0.6.0 time frame. So, people
> should be using GStreamer 1.2 by now, and at the minimum GStreamer
> 1.0. Based on some testing I did in the past, 1.0 performance > 0.10
> by ~10%, not to mention many additional bug fixes that appeared in
> 1.0.
>
> Is there any reason to stick to 0.10?

unfortunately 1.x has much higher dependencies than most enterprise/long
term linux release contains eg: rhel 6.5 or ubuntu lts. this means
without replacing system library it's not possible to use 1.x (or at
least it's much more complicated to install parallel two different lib
set) and not just system lib but all other libs which are depend on
these system libs. this is not acceptable in a large (few hundreds)
server set deployment.