Timestamp problem...

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Nov 27 01:57:04 PST 2013

On Mi, 2013-11-27 at 10:32 +0100, Eric Trousset wrote:
> Hi,
> It looks like my source element never gets a clock, nor is its base_time set.
>
> Should I provide the clock myself (maybe when receiving the new_clock message on the bus)?

No, GstPipeline and GstBin does all that for you in theory. Is your
element inside a GstPipeline, and you set the complete pipeline to
PLAYING state?

You'll receive the new-clock message on the bus after the pipeline has
decided on a clock. If you get that message, you should have a clock in
your element.

> Where would it be best to save the base_time? I tried in the start method but it seems the pipeline clock can change afterward.

You should get the base_time immediately before using it in
calculations, it could change. Same goes for the clock.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com