some puzzles about appsrc

yxxone xuchangxue365812 at 126.com
Sat Nov 30 00:40:37 PST 2013

Hi, Sorry to keep asking

My goal is to insert my Mp4 file into my pipeline (My mp4 file is generated
by Android device with MediaRecorder). After trying to get some example of
appsrc , I find out that they all push raw data into pipeline which is
different from my case.

It seems they all use pull mode with signal "need-data" and "enough-data" .
they push frames wrapped by buffer into pipeline, in which case , the buffer
size is fixed and can be easily calculated . And thing in their buffer is
clear too ----- frame!

My question : Can I get my work done in this mode?
                    If the answer is "yes" , what my buffer should contain
(NALU)?
                     For all know about decoding , the decoder need some
other information like sps and pps to do the work . The next question is :
how can I push these information into my pipeline?

if my way is totally wrong , would you please be kindly to inform me
anything that would be helpful?

Thanks