Porting the hlsdemux work in issue 698155 to 1.x

Arnaud Vrac rawoul at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 08:33:18 PST 2013

On 29 nov. 2013, at 21:30, Duncan Palmer <dpalmer at digisoft.tv> wrote:

> Thanks Arnaud. I'd be interested in looking at your proof of concept.
> I would prefer any work I do to be suitable for inclusion in the
> mainline.

Hi Duncan,

I had already ported the most important patches to master, I've posted them here:
https://github.com/rawoul/gst-plugins-bad/commits/hls

This branch also includes some modifications to work with buffer lists for better performance. With all those patches the reference streams from Apple [1] work better.

I've also posted my proof-of-concept demuxer here, which handle multiple renditions better:
https://github.com/rawoul/pochlsdemux

A lot of features are missing though (see TODO), I might work on it again if the stream selection API is ever implemented.

[1] https://developer.apple.com/streaming/#streaming

--
Arnaud