reading from decklinksrc also outputs the signal

Mitchell Foley mitch at thefoley.net
Sat Nov 30 18:55:24 PST 2013

Hello,

I have a BlackMagic Intensity Pro, and I'm trying to take an HDMI input
source, modify it with a text overlay, and then output it to my TV.

I'm able to display the source like on my computer screen like this:
gst-launch-1.0 decklinksrc connection=HDMI mode=11 name=demux demux. !
alsasink sync=false demux. ! queue ! textoverlay text="hello"
valignment=center ! xvimagesink sync=false
However, when I run that command, it also outputs to the TV, even though I
haven't specified to output to decklinksink. Additionally, it doesn't
display the "hello" text on the TV, only on the computer screen.

I would very much like to stream the audio and video from the camera over
HDMI, to the computer where I do some editing with gstreamer, and then back
out to the TV.

Is this a problem with the decklink plugin? With the card itself?

Any help would be appreciated!

-Mitch