Request key frame in vpuenc (Freescale)

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Wed Oct 2 07:42:07 PDT 2013

I don't think that you need to run the parser after the encoder. The
encoder produces a valid H264 buffer so the parser can't do anything
worthwhile. Yes, you need to store the SPS/PPS and transmit them in the
bitstream with each IFrame. The only other thing to look into is whether or
not the encoder inserts start codes in the H264 buffer at MB boundaries
based on the MTU size and verify that the payloader is breaking the buffer
at those boundaries. And make sure that you are setting the MTU properly.