mpegtsmux at high bitrates

cfadeley chrisfadeley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 18:22:21 CEST 2013

That is what im seeing.  seems to me that exceeding 2.5-3mb/s using the
mpegtsmux causes a frame loss.

And i think what is happening is the mpegtsmux seems to only be able to
packetize at max rate of 2.5mb/s.  And i am assuming this is due to the way
it packetizes the items in such small sizes.  The amount of packets and
buffers that need to be produced is not optimal at all.

So i have I-frames that come in at around 3-4mb/s where as my P-frames are
only around 1.5mb/s

So by the time the mpegtsmux processes the I-frame, a few p-frames are
getting dropped from the queue it grabs from.

Again this only happens if I produce data larger than 2-3mb/s.

Does that make sense?  Seems like this tsmux isn't written well at all for
high bitrate in real time.