[Android] Gstreamer and tcpclientsrc/tcpserversrc

distran distran.sensors at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 16:11:27 CEST 2013

Hello.

I am new to Gstreamer development and I am trying to develop an app to
stream videos through the network. So far I was testing my ideas using
desktop GStreamer implementations and following pipelines:

Sender (desktop PC):

Receiver (Desktop PC):

I was hoping to smoothly move to Android and build similar pipeline there
(sinde Android SDK is availible). However, I noticed that tcpclientsrc is
not availible in Android. I am trying to use pipeline:

but I get an error "Unable to build pipeline: no element "tcpclientsrc"".

I noticed that tcp plugins seem no to be ported to Android (they are not
listed in the official documentation). Is there still an easy way to modify
pipeline or my source code so that I can easily receive such streams over
TCP? And maybe any of you know why tcp plugins are not included in Android
implementation?

Looking forward to hearing from You!
Best reagards