RELEASE: GStreamer Core and Plugins 1.2.0

Sebastian Dröge slomo at coaxion.net
Thu Oct 17 20:25:42 CEST 2013

On Do, 2013-10-17 at 00:23 -0700, Gazoo wrote:
> On 17-10-2013 16:06, Sebastian Dröge-2 [via GStreamer-devel] wrote:
> >
> > Just a short reply now, but this is most likely caused by an too old
> > autoconf version. I think you need 2.69 to work with your version of
> > gettext you have. (Older versions of gettext did not cause this error
> > when using autoconf < 2.69).
> Thanks for the fast reply Sebastian. Although at this point it feels
> like I'm digging myself deeper and deeper into a hole. :S
>
> Looking at mingw package manager I can see that yes- it seems the latest
> version it installs is 2.68. So my options are to some how get a more
> recent version of autoconf, or an older version of gettext? Neither of
> which I have the first clue of how to do as I'm guessing it requires
> manual labor outside of the package manager?
>
> Or is it because of the earlier package conflicts? Am I perhaps better
> served reinstalling both MinGw and Msys?

From where did you get the gettext package?

Maybe it's indeed easier to just use cerbero to set up your build system
if you don't have a complete toolchain installed already. What you could
do is that you run the cerbero bootstrap and then create a configuration
file that has prefix set to the place where you installed the binaries.

Then when you go into the cerbero shell you should be able to just build
gst-plugins-gl.

You can get cerbero from
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/sdk/cerbero/ (note: gstreamer/sdk
not gstreamer-sdk). And documentation about how to set up that at
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+Cerbero
in the section "Build a single project with the SDK".