H264 Hardware accelerator element to use in gstreamer for NEXUS 10

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Fri Oct 18 17:30:35 CEST 2013

Le vendredi 18 octobre 2013 à 02:17 -0700, danil4u a écrit :

> Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this issue or do I need to
> use
> different element to use HW accelerator.

The Nexus 10 is an Exynos base platform which decodes into a pixel
format unsupported by GStreamer. One would need to document and
implement this pixel format to enable HW acceleration. There is other
issues, but I think they are getting fixed in GStreamer development
branch already. Right now GStreamer fallback to the google software
decode, but the Nexus 10 being a hi-dpi platform, it saturate the CPU.

cheers,
Nicolas