gst-rtsp-server 100+ connection problems

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Oct 27 22:03:54 CET 2013

On Do, 2013-10-24 at 21:48 +0300, John Doe wrote:
> Hi all, I'm testing gst-rtsp-server to see how much it can handle
>
> I've used the test-readme.c almost identically, the only thing that I
> changed was the media factory to :
>
>     gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch (factory,
>             "( rtspsrc location=\"rtsp://
> 172.16.16.93/axis-media/media.amp?resolution=160x90&videokeyframeinterval=250&videocodec=h264&fps=15\"
> ! rtph264depay ! "
>             "! h264parse ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )");
>
> So basically the rtsp-server restreams that axis camera stream.

You might want to set gst_media_factory_set_shared(factory, TRUE) to not
create a new connection to your camera for each client.

> For testing the server I'm using this program : http://pastebin.com/UEr53yUf
>
> I'm using ffmpeg since i'm more familiar with the tool, I could replace it
> with gst-launch if anybody is willing to provide an equivalent

You could just use gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test

Could you get a GStreamer debug log with that?

> I found gstreamer about a week ago and I very much like it as a framework
> and I loved the rtsp-server README file and would like to keep learning and
> using it so if anyone could point me to some resources on making
> rtsp-server more scalable or anything that I could change to the server
> code in order to make it more scalable I would really appreciate it.

It should already scale to 100+ connections, if it doesn't you found a
bug and something that should be fixed :)
Bugs can be reported at http://bugzilla.gnome.org

Interesting to know would also be the CPU usage on the server btw.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com