Compile Gstreamer for Windows Phone

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Oct 29 13:38:29 CET 2013

On Di, 2013-10-29 at 04:03 -0700, mourad wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Does Visual Studio offer the possibility to compile Gstreamer sdk for Windows Phone 8/ARM  ?
> Thanks,

You should be able to compile GStreamer with Visual Studio for
Windows/ARM. There are some project files on the internet that you could
use as a starting point.

But apart from that you'll also need to port GStreamer and GLib and
other software to the new APIs that are available on Windows Phone.
Things like BSD sockets are not supported on Windows Phone anymore and
this requires quite some changes everywhere. With GStreamer 1.x this
should be easier though because we don't have our own socket code
anymore but instead use GLib's GSocket, so only one place has to be
ported.

Other than that there are a few smaller places that need changes, and
others that probably just turn up when you try compiling everything :)
Overall it should be possible though, just will require some effort.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com