Multi rtp streams - thread issue

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Oct 31 16:41:24 CET 2013

On Do, 2013-10-31 at 14:51 +0100, Elio Francesconi wrote:
> This is the pseudocode, where the app invoke RtpSink::loop and RtpSource::loop in two different threads(description of my pipeline is as described in the previous mail), it is based on these two example
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tree/tests/examples/rtp/server-alsasrc-PCMA.c
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tree/tests/examples/rtp/client-PCMA.c
> I was expecting to create multiple pipelines each one with their structures and with our interaction, I think I’m in wrong :-)

Nothing looking wrong in that code, but you could as well run both
pipelines from the same thread with a single mainloop.

How exactly do they fail? Does the receiver receive any packets at all?
Check that with a simpler pipeline that only has udpsrc and a fakesink.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com