multiqueue overruns with decodebin2

chaitanya v l superchaits at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 00:46:37 PDT 2013

Hi,

With certain asf clips, I see overruns with multiqueue in decodebin2
(between asfdemux and the decoders). This leads to frame drops which
cause audio discontinuities and seek freezes.

In gstreamer-0.10 decodebin, the queues register a overrun callback
which increases the queue's max-size-buffers on detecting an overflow.
Because of this, the issue doesn't occur with decodebin.

Registering a similar callback for the decodebin2 multiqueue, I am
able to solve the issue.
However, I was wondering, why something of this sort hasn't been
implemented with decodebin2, and if there's a better way of solving
this problem?

The same issue, for obvious reasons, exists with gstreamer-1.0
decodebin as well.

thanks in advance,
Chaitanya