How to build libgstandroidmedia.a and libgstandroidmedia.la file?

JYbob jinyoung.noh at lge.com
Wed Apr 30 03:10:07 PDT 2014

Sebastian Dröge-3 wrote
> On Di, 2014-04-29 at 21:20 -0700, JYbob wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I want to build libgstandroidmedia.a and libgstandroidmedia.la file for
>> gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.2.3-debug.
>> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.2.3/
>> <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.2.3/>
>>
>> How can I do this?
>>
>> I download gst-plugin-bad 1.2.3
>> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-bad/
>> <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-bad/>
>>
>> But. I don't know how can I build this plugin.
>
> You just have to (cross-) compile for Android and have the JNI headers
> in your include path. For building static plugins you also have to pass
> --enable-static-plugins to configure.
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com
> Expertise, Straight from the Source

> signature.asc (985 bytes)
> <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4666663/0/signature.asc>

purpose of doing this, I want to modify some code.
Now, I could load hardware codec plugin in a executable file compiled with
PDK.
But, problem is hardware codec(freescale codec) element makes error.

ERROR            amcvideodec
gstamcvideodec.c:806:gst_amc_video_dec_fill_buffer:<amcvideodec-omxfreescalestdvideodecoderavcv3hwbased0>
Slice height not set

In the gstamcvideodec.c, I saw /* NVidia Tegra 3 on Nexus 7 does not set
this */
So, I think that it is the similar problem of NVidia Tegra 3 or Nexus 7.

I modified the code and build it. I finally get the libandroidmedia.l6a
file.
 and I copied it into gstreamer android sdk /lib/gstreamer-1.0/static.
I compiled the plugins and get libgstreamer_android.so file.

At the android device, I copied .so file and executed the excutable file.

To check plugin is updated, I changed the log massage in the from
GST_ERROR_OBJECT (self, "Slice height not set"); to GST_ERROR_OBJECT (self,
"Slice height not set!!!!!");

but, It still had same message.

ERROR            amcvideodec
gstamcvideodec.c:806:gst_amc_video_dec_fill_buffer:<amcvideodec-omxfreescalestdvideodecoderavcv3hwbased0>
Slice height not set

So, my question is how can I modify the plugin and update?