No video when using decodebin on Android

darvin matthias.schlesinger at gmx.at
Mon Aug 4 07:19:14 PDT 2014

Hi,
I thought I'd create a new thread as this problem has little to do with my
previous question. I hope that's alright.

I try to decode a h264 stream on Android using gstreamer1.0. With avdec_h264
decoder it works well (but to slow) but when using hardware accelerated
decodebin the video does not display and the video surface stays black.

Here's my test pipeline that sends the stream:
gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc is-live=true ! x264enc key-int-max=60
tune=zerolatency,fastdecode ! video/x-h264,profile=baseline ! rtph264pay !
udpsink port=5000 host=192.168.1.120

Here's the pipeline used in the Android application:
gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=5000 !
application/x-rtp,clock-rate=90000,payload=96 ! rtpjitterbuffer !
rtph264depay ! decodebin ! xvimagesink

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem but before
gstreamer initialization is completed there's the output: "OMXCodex: Failed
to set standard component role 'video_decoder.vpx'".

Thanks for your help. Kind regards.