Frame Rate slows Down

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Aug 6 00:27:43 PDT 2014

On Do, 2014-07-31 at 10:24 +0200, Robin Aproskie wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a Pipeline in  C  udpsrc->rtph264depay->queue->h264parse->queue->avdec_h264->queue->autovideoConvert->cairoOverlay->autoVideoConvert->d3dvideosink
>
> The Stream is over a an IP Microwave Radio. (multicast UDP (RTP )h.264   )
>
> It displays Fine and works at 50fps in PAL and 25 fps in HD
> I can Play and Stop and replay the stream.
>
> If the Radio Link goes Down and then comes Back up the Frame Rate of the Diplay only shows at 1fps as far as I can See. If I stop the stream and restart the stream it displays fine. so It seems the Streaming in not a problem becasue this does not happen if I use VLC (SDP Session)
>
> Any Ideas Please on how to fix this, or to refresh the stream after signal is re-established?

That sounds like a problem with the timestamps somewhere. If you get
debug logs with GST_DEBUG=basesink:6 there should be some information
about why it drops everything and only shows a single frame per second
as fallback (it's the fallback mechanism if every frame was too late to
show anything at all).

Independent of that you should use rtpbin in your pipeline between
udpsrc and the depayloader, and also have a queue immediately after
udpsrc. See the example shell scripts in
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tree/tests/examples/rtp

Expertise, Straight from the Source