Encoding and streaming video+audio to UDP

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Aug 6 06:16:48 PDT 2014

Le mercredi 06 août 2014 à 15:12 +0200, Peter Maersk-Moller a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas

> Does this mean, that setting zerolatency will make x264enc ignore
> bframes if you do it like this?
>

>     gst-launch  ..... !  x264enc tune=zerolatency bframes=2 ! ...

Most likely, yes. It's internal to libx264 though (not GStreamer related
so much), so try to avoid ambiguities like this one.

> Or does it mean that zerolatency first sets bframes to 0 and then the
> option bframes is set afterwards during initialization of x264enc ?

You can't really mix tune= and your own settings, and expect it to do it
right. If you want to tune a preset tuning, go in the code (or wiki)
find what in mean in term of option-string and replace it.

> If yes, is the order the arguments are given important?

Don't rely on that. Set things once. That is my plain recommendation to
make your tests reliable.

cheers,
Nicolas