Gstreamer doubts

Dušan Poizl poizl at maindata.sk
Mon Aug 11 06:04:21 PDT 2014

Dňa 11.08.2014 o 14:27 007GK napísal(a):

> Hi,
>

> I was trying gstreamer with various plugin/elements and could not
> understand few basic terms.
>
> 1. When to use sync=false, sync=true, sync=1 with sink elements?
>
> 2. When to use autovideosink?
>
> 3. Which is the demuxer to be used with decklinksrc?

decklinksrc output raw video/audio streams so no demuxes are needed.

> 4. What is ffmpegcolorspace element?

it convert video frames from one color space or format to another. in
this case from UYVU to I420

> 5. For below pipeline gst-launch errors out saying : WARNING:
> erroneous pipeline: could not link queue0 to audioconvert0
>
> gst-launch \
>
> decklinksrc mode=18 connection=composite name=demux \
>
> demux. ! queue ! audioconvert ! audiorate ! vorbisenc ! mux. \
>
> demux. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! 'video/x-raw-yuv' ! vp8enc speed=7
> ! mux. \
>
> webmmux name=mux ! filesink location=s.webm
>

> but below command works:
>
> gst-launch \
>
> decklinksrc mode=18 connection=composite name=demux \
>
> demux. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! 'video/x-raw-yuv' ! vp8enc speed=7
> ! mux. \
>
> demux. ! queue ! audioconvert ! audiorate ! vorbisenc ! mux. \
>
> webmmux name=mux ! filesink location=newfile.webm
>

> I have just swapped video/audio components..

it may be bug in gstreamer. I recomend upgrade to gstreamer 1.4 as old
0.10 is not maintained.