C# Bindings for .NET on Windows

Ralph ralph.gucwa at racelogic.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 08:15:58 PDT 2014

I managed to build gstreamer-sharp on Linux (it was a challenge for me as I
don't know Linux at all).

Now I have a problem building the glue on Windows.  I took a Visual Studio
project template from gstreamer-sharp, changed the output from application
to library, added gobject.c and generated.c to the project, added a path to
WinDDK to resolve msvcrt_winxp.obj and I built libgstreamer-1.0-0.dll, whose
size is 50.5 kB (seems pretty small).
When I try to use it with a C# application, I get an error

    Unable to find an entry point named 'gst_value_list_get_type' in DLL
'libgstreamer-1.0-0.dll'

No wonder it complains, such a method does not exist in generated.c.
What am I doing wrong?