GstHarness (from GStreamer Conference 2013)

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Aug 25 23:42:38 PDT 2014

On Mo, 2014-08-25 at 14:12 +0000, Guenther, Mirko wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm playing around with the 'GstHarness' framework presented on the last GStreamer Conference. Because it's not in the current GStreamer version, I've compiled it by my own and drive a mixture of gstreamer 1.3 gst-check (GstHarness) and gstreamer-1.4 installation.
>
> I've copied the first example of the presentation with the "identity" test and get following error:
>
> Unexpected critical/warning: gstpad.c:4033:gst_pad_push_data:<'':src> Got data flow before segment event
> [Inferior 2 (process 27320) exited with code 01]
> 0%: Checks: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0
> gstcheck.c:79:F:GstConferenceDemo:confdemo_push_and_pull:0: Unexpected critical/warning: gstpad.c:4033:gst_pad_push_data:<'':src> Got data flow before segment event
>
> Has someone an idea what's going wrong or does somebody know, if the  HEAD of the 'https://github.com/pexip/gstreamer' is usable?

That just means that the tests are not ported properly to the stricter
event checks in 1.2 yet, and sending data before sending a segment
event. The required order of things is always:
> stream-start, caps (optional), segment, buffers

Before 1.2 this was not checked by the GStreamer core but now it is,
resulting in the above warning message. Should be relatively easy to
fix.

Expertise, Straight from the Source