Puzzles about RTSP client

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Aug 27 06:19:22 PDT 2014

On Mi, 2014-08-27 at 05:46 -0700, Ugly Face wrote:
> I want to develop a Android app which can play rtsp stream and upload video
> to rtsp server . At this moment, I can transfer my video to my pc with
> RTP(not RTSP).
>
> my pipeline is like this file->qtdemux->h264rtppay->udpsink
>
> I search in the mailing list and find something in the get-rtsp-server may
> helps. However, when I go  gst-rtsp-server
> <http://http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-rtsp-server/>   for the
> code. I find many versions and do not know which to choose. I do not know
> whether the latest version of get-rtsp-server is compatible with
> gstreamer-0.10 or not.
>
> Or is there any more detailed guide to help me to manage the task.

The 0.10 versions of gst-rtsp-server are compatible with 0.10, the 1.x
versions with 1.x. You should however not use 0.10 if you can somehow
prevent it...

The newer versions of the GStreamer binaries contain gst-rtsp-server.
IIRC it was added in some 1.2 version to the binaries.

Expertise, Straight from the Source