Example for gnonlin - Howto Submit it to gnonlin Developers?

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Sun Aug 31 03:21:49 PDT 2014

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 17:54:31 +0800
Mohan R <mohan43u at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It will be helpful for beginners like me if we have examples inside
> tests/examples directory in gnonlin source. I have written a small tool
> to extract clips from big media files using gnonlin. I would like to
> submit it to gnonlin as an example.

Slightly OT.

On the pitivi wiki I read that application developers are encouraged to
use GES (GStreamer Editing Services) instead of using GNonLin directly:
http://wiki.pitivi.org/wiki/GNonLin

Is this opinion shared by GStreamer developers?

Just for the records, cutting clips with GES is easy and can even be
done from ges-launch.

In the following example I am extracting a 15 seconds clip at time
1:30:32.

  $ ges-launch-1.0 input.avi $((1 * 60 * 60 + 30 * 60 + 32)) 15 -s -o output.avi

That said, API examples _are_ useful; sorry if I hijacked the thread
a little bit.

Regards,
   Antonio

--