Custom plugin on iOS

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Aug 31 23:20:15 PDT 2014

On Fr, 2014-08-29 at 14:45 -0700, nicksonsix wrote:
> I added "gstmyfilter.c" and "gstmyfilter.h" into the project, added #include
> "gstmyfilter.h" in GStreamerBackend class. First parameter for the function
> "gst_element_register()" is pointer to GstPlugin thing so there is my
> question: how can I get pointer to GstPlugin from my recently added source
> files for "MyFilter"?
> Probably I miss something but I tried many options and I cannot find
> step-by-step solution for it. (Every topic ended with advice for adding the
> path for plugins as I did before and it should works magically... but not
> for iOS.)

Why do you need a GstPlugin for your element? It's generally not needed
unless it's a plugin that is dynamically loaded at runtime (which is not
possible on iOS), and even then only really used internally usually.

After the gst_element_register() call you can directly use your element.

Oh and use NULL as plugin parameter for gst_element_register() if that
was your question :)

Expertise, Straight from the Source