Accessing hlsdemux stats

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Thu Dec 18 08:14:38 PST 2014

On Thu, 2014-12-18 at 21:30 +0530, Srinath, Kamaldeep wrote:

Hi,

> I see in the hlsdemux source that it sends two kinds of information
> under the “adaptive-streaming-statistics” message name:
>  (snip)
> I want to access this information regularly for each
> fragment/manifest, ideally in a downstream filter, or at least in the
> pipeline bus message handler. Right now, I am not able to do either of
> these. Any insight into how I can get this data would be really
> helpful. I can explain how I am trying to listen for this data
> currently if useful.

These should show up on the pipeline's GstBus just like all other
messages. These messages are of GST_MESSAGE_ELEMENT type, and then you
need to do gst_message_get_structure() and gst_structure_has_name() to
check if it's the one you're looking for.

See:

gst-launch-1.0 playbin -m
uri=http://devimages.apple.com/iphone/samples/bipbop/gear4/prog_index.m3u8

Cheers