NSGetEnviron() in use by glib genviron for iOS / arm?

Michael McNamara mmcnamara at control4.com
Tue Feb 4 09:26:40 PST 2014

I've run nm on the GStreamer framework (1.2.x) and it appears to include
the use of NSGetEnviron():

GStreamer(libglib-2_0_a_armv7_-libglib_2_0_la-genviron.o) (for
architecture armv7):
U __NSGetEnviron

for the arm architecture in glib's genviron.  This is true of the prebuilt
libraries and building via cerbero.  This call will cause a private API
use rejection upon app submittal to Apple.  NSGetEnviron() is an OS X
thing that's not supported on iOS to the best of my knowledge (at least
officially).

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on how to remedy this
situation?

Thank you!