Detect automatically caps for UDP streaming

Michael Grüner michael.gruner at ridgerun.com
Tue Feb 4 21:56:14 PST 2014

Hi

I don't like the idea of needing prior knowledge of the caps either. You may try using something like transport stream (mpegtsmux/mpegtsdemux) to deal automatically with the caps.

If your project allows you to use a higher level protocol, I'd rather use RTSP. It has a much smarter handshaking as Tim points.

Michael