gstreamer not finding plugins in Windows

Eugen Dedu Eugen.Dedu at pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr
Wed Feb 5 00:56:14 PST 2014

On 03/02/14 13:47, Josh Doe wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Eugen Dedu
> <Eugen.Dedu at pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr> wrote:
>> I obtained more information about the problem.  I execute
>> gst-inspect... -gst-debug=*:5
>> and I obtain the following error:
>> attempt to load plugin "...libgstapp..."
>> Could not find plugin entry point in ...libgstapp...
>
> Have you tried Dependency Walker under Windows? If you do any amount
> of development on Windows that tool will come in handy many times.

I played a bit with it.  It gives two warnings, but those warnings
appear also with the previous version of my program, which does not use
gstreamer/clutter and which works.  I conclude that depend.exe does not
help in this issue.

> Are you sure you're not mixing 32- and 64-bit binaries?

Yes, I do not use bundles, but compile everything myself, with the same
parameters.

--
Eugen