How to bypass prerolling

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Feb 6 12:37:33 PST 2014

On Do, 2014-02-06 at 22:40 +0530, Yogesh Tyagi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried setting async to false but due to this set caps is not  getting
>  called  for audio where the audio format is set. So my audio decoder is
> not getting initialized and due to this I hear no audio when I keep async
> to false.

async=false on the sink should have no effect on any other elements and
especially not on setting caps anywhere. However you will need to do
more than that to properly integrate your hardware pre-rolling into
GStreamer. Check the code in GstBaseSink to see what it is doing for
pre-rolling. You'll need to do that just with your hardware pre-rolling.

I think it will also be a good idea to extend basesink a bit to allow
easier integration of more special pre-rolling mechanisms. I.e. allow
the subclass to get some control over what is happening there and when
the sink is considered pre-rolled and when not.

Expertise, Straight from the Source