Need help in decklinksink

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Feb 10 11:12:32 PST 2014

On Mo, 2014-02-10 at 00:52 -0800, RajuB wrote:
> I am using gstreamer-1.2.2. I have a query in decklinksink plugin. Below
> given code snippet is from audio chain function(
> "gst_decklink_sink_audiosink_chain") in gstdecklinksink.cpp.
>
>   while (!decklinksink->stop &&
>       gst_adapter_available (decklinksink->audio_adapter) > 1600 * 4 * 2) {
>     g_cond_wait (&decklinksink->audio_cond, &decklinksink->audio_mutex);
>   }
>
> Currently decklinksink works only for 2 channel, 16 bit audio. Can anybody
> explain me what exactly "1600 * 4 * 2" means in the code snippet?? Many
> thanks in advance.

I don't know either but scaling that for a different number of channels
or sample size should be simple. Maybe 3200 samples is the minimum
number that can be accepted by decklink at a time but the calculation is
really a bit weird. Maybe it needs 2 segments of 1600 samples at minimum
or something like that... that code could use some comments :)

Expertise, Straight from the Source