How to detect the elements in use

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Feb 12 10:29:11 PST 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 19:10 +0100, Stefan Sauer wrote:

Hi,

> > How can I detect if a particular element is being used in the
> > pipeline?
> >

> You can programmatically iterate over the whole pipeline and check
> each element. If you just need this to debug something you can use
> GST_DEBUG_BIN_TO_DOT_FILE.

Or - if you don't need to know right immediately, just check what
elements you get messages posted from on the bus, e.g. state change
messages. You can check the 'source' of the message, perhaps the
G_OBJECT_TYPE_NAME or you can get the element factory from it via the
element API and then check that name.

Cheers
 -Tim