MJPG streaming

M0rd0r m0rd00r at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 05:56:02 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to acquire a video from my webcam and stream the video over UDP
(also save the video in a file). My webcam supports these features:

$ v4l2-ctl --list-formats
ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT
	Index       : 0
	Type        : Video Capture
	Pixel Format: 'YUYV'
	Name        : YUV 4:2:2 (YUYV)

	Index       : 1
	Type        : Video Capture
	Pixel Format: 'MJPG' (compressed)
	Name        : MJPEG

So I'd like to acquire the MJPG video (not the yuyv) from the webcam, save
it on a file and stream it over UDP.

I successfully make the first part using:
$ gst-launch -vvv -e v4l2src num-buffers=1000 device=/dev/video0 !
image/jpeg,width=1280,height=720,framerate=30/1,rate=30 ! matroskamux !
filesink location=video.mkv

I'm not able to add the UDP streaming in this command (like udpsink
host=192.168.10.158 port=1234)

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot.
Best Regards.