Problem when configuring vorbisenc to use CBR

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Feb 17 11:50:49 PST 2014

On Mo, 2014-02-17 at 10:28 -0300, Tiago Katcipis wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > It seems that the bitrate cant be fixed, but i read that vorbis does
> > support CBR, am i missing something ?

Yes I don't think you can use vorbis for your use case. You won't get a
100% accurate, constant bitrate that you can use to pre-calculate the
resulting stream size. Why do you need that btw?

Also even if you tell Vorbis to generate a CBR stream, you still have to
account for the overhead that the Ogg container is going to add.

Expertise, Straight from the Source