Reverse Playback in V1.0

Dave dave at digits.tv
Tue Feb 18 19:26:05 PST 2014

Dear All,

I am trying to reverse playback direction on a playbin with the
'gst_event_new_seek' but this is not working.  Thinking this may be a bug in
my software, I tried the updated tutorials (basic-tutorial-13) with the same
result.  With the tutorial, pressing 'd' shows 'Current rate: -1' in the
terminal window but the pipe freezes.  Subsequent presses of 'd' result in
'Unable to retrieve the current position' messages.  No other key presses
will start the pipeline playing again.  This is the case using the webm or
local DV or MJPEG files in MOV wrappers.  Is there a new method to reverse
playback?

Regards,
Dave.