Multiple pipeline with OpenGL and vaapi elements

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 12:45:48 PST 2014

On 20/02/14 06:02, adrien_sch wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I wanted to know if it is supported to use openGL and vaapi elements in
> different pipelines ( => with different GMainContext) in a same process.

Ideally, it should work though I haven't tested it.

> The result of my first try is a very buggy program (a lot of SEGFAULT in
> vaapi and opengl, system freeze).

Could you please file a bug about this at
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer with a
backtrace and an example program or gst-launch line if possible.
Although your system freezing sounds like an implementation bug lower
than GStreamer.  What hardware/OS is this on?