Switching in an rtmpsink

superlou lousimons at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 05:06:32 PST 2014

The issue I had was at the point the pipeline is created, the application
doesn't know the user's UStream rtmp url.  Unfortunately, if the rtmpsink
tries to start playing with an invalid url, it throws errors.

I guess maybe I could have a valve ahead of the rtmpsink, and leave the
rtmpsink in the READY state until it has enough data to configure it's url?
The biggest thing that confused me about the swapping-in approach is that it
works if the swap is done very quickly (scripted to happen immediately
rather than waiting for use input), and when done later, is still seeing
something that UStream identifies as valid data, just only has black video.