timeout not working

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sat Feb 22 09:01:11 PST 2014

On Sat, 2014-02-22 at 13:37 -0300, Gilson Oguime wrote:

Hi,

> I can encode the video stream from a foscam ip camera using this
> script on a Raspberry Pi
> /usr/bin/gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc
> location="http://x.x.x.x:y/videostream.asf\?user=xxxxx\&pwd=xxxxx" !
> decodebin ! videoconvert ! omxh264enc ! "video/x-h264,profile=high" !
> h264parse ! matroskamux ! filesink location=/home/pi/camera/video.mkv
> 2> /dev/null 1> /dev/null
>

> I would like to limit the recording time to 10 seconds, but adding
> timeout=10 has no effect.
>

> Am I missing anything? Is there any other way of stopping encoding
> after a defined interval?

Not in this particular setup. The easiest would be to write a 10-line
python script that creates a pipeline using gst_parse_launch(), sets it
to playing, sets a timeout and then sends an EOS event to the pipeline
when the timeout triggers, and then waits for the EOS message on the
bus.

 Cheers
   -Tim