Camerabin - how to specify size of image for capture

Ian Davidson id012c3076 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 24 05:57:10 PST 2014

I looked around at whatever I could find, and discovered the file
gst-camerabin2-test.c.  In there, it appeared that it was setting the
caps to "video/x-raw-yuv" - so I thought I would try that in my program
to see if it would make a difference.

It did make a difference - although not too helpful.

If I leave the setting to video/x-raw, the program crashes with the
'not-negotiated'.
With the setting "video/x-raw-yuv", my program allows me to attempt to
take a photo, but then reports:
GLib-GObject-WARNING ** : invalid (NULL) pointer instance
GLib-GObject-CRITICAL**: g_signal_emit_by_name: assertion
'G_TYPE_CHECK_NSTANCE (instance)' failed

Examining the logs shows that it seems to have been able to negotiate
successfully - but then it does not result in a captured image.

Ian