qtgstreamer: Buffer Timestamp

Martin Jackson mjackson220.list at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 04:54:21 PST 2014

Dear gstreamer developers,

I'm using qtgstreamer 0.10.2-2ubuntu (as supplied in my ubuntu 'saucy'
distro), and I wish to pump demuxed video packets into a ffdec_h264 element.

I've managed to do this without problems in a 'regular' gstreamer / glib
program, and I just use the GstBuffer object and set the appropritate
parameters thereof, including using GST_BUFFER_TIMESTAMP(x) to set the
timestamp values.

However, I wish to do this in a qtgstreamer environment, but I am baffled
as to how to set the timestamps on buffers. The Buffer object has a
timeStamp method, which as far as I can tell is a 'getter' of the
timestamp, but not a 'setter'.

There is no other way that I can see (perhaps I misunderstood something) to
set the timestamp of a buffer. Is this indeed the case? Can anyone give me
a pointer on how to do this?

Thanks & best regards,

Martin Jackson